Community Involvement, ECE memberships and Partnerships
The Child Care Director’s Association of Southwest Alberta consists of Early Childhood practitioners networking together to support best practices in our field. The association is an advocate for children to receive the highest level of quality care and learning through play experiences.
Our professional relationships reach out to the communities; including health, government supports, parent programs, professional development/education and advocacy groups. Our partnerships interlink with all relevant organizations impacting the betterment of children and their families.
Through our leadership we will prompt the highest priority to the influences that will enrich a child’s optimal development in our society.
NAEYC expresses its mission in terms of three broad goals:
- Improving professional practice and working conditions in early childhood education.
- Supporting early childhood programs by working to achieve a high-quality system of early childhood education.
- Building a high-performing, inclusive organization of groups and individuals who are committed to promoting excellence in early childhood education for all young children. http://www.naeyc.org/
Mission: To advance a unified child care profession by providing support, education and recognition of our members.
Family Centre, based in Lethbridge, is a non-profit organization providing a comprehensive range of services to children, youth and families in Southwestern Alberta.
The vision that we are always seeking to achieve is, Healthy Children! Healthy Families! Healthy Communities!
Family Centre operates within a team model and utilizes a consensus decision-making process including parents who are considered valuable partners in Family Centre's planning process.
Programs offered by Family Centre are:
- Information and Referrals,
- Early Literacy,
- Early Learning and Care,
- Parent Education,
- Family Support Services including Individual, Couple, Family and Parent/Teen Counselling